11.17.2011

Kelowna man brings his "Run to Remember" to the city.


Kelowna man brings his "Run to Remember" to the city.

11/17/2011

A Kelowna man is bringing his "Run to Remember" to the city today, raising awareness and money for brain injuries.
On April 1st, David McGuire began running a marathon a day, starting in St. John's Newfoundland, which is exceptionally impressive considering he was told he would never walk again because of a brain bleed he suffered in 2005.
McGuire says to date, he has clocked over 7000 KM and expects to finish his nationwide run in Victoria, Dec 9.
"I've been pretty lucky actually. I've had some injuries that come from repetitive running, like some knee problems. I'm really good at doing my stretches and doing all the stuff to avoid injuries. I've done a lot better than I thought I would."
McGuire's next stop will be Penticton, where he hopes to reach by Monday.


http://www.am1150.ca/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1573928

No comments:

Post a Comment